cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gbanks
Active Member II

Compare Selected User with Current User

Jump to solution

We have a workflow where users may request access to various programs external to Activiti. The request must then be approved by that individual's manager, who is specified in the request using the "People" form item.

A manager should be able to request special permissions on behalf of someone else, and then not have to approve this request. 

How do I compare the User selected in the "People" form item to the user produced by userInfoBean.getCurrentUser()?

This is my Java Code:

//Establish request_originator

var currentUser = userInfoBean.getCurrentUser()
execution.setVariable('request_originator', currentUser);

//Compare to selected manager

var originatorIsManager = 'foobar'
if(currentUser.equals(execution.getVariable('manager_of_requested_for'))){
originatorIsManager = 'yes';
} else {
originatorIsManager = 'no';
}

execution.setVariable('originator_is_manager', originatorIsManager);

See the attached image, where I display the values being returned by my Variable and the Form Field. They are identical, but my comparison is still being returned as "no."

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cjose
Senior Member II

Re: Compare Selected User with Current User

Jump to solution

Since you are comparing execution.getVariable('manager_of_requested_for') which will be the "ID" of manager_of_requested_for, you need to get currentUser's ID for the comparison. Set currentUser as below
var currentUser = userInfoBean.getCurrentUser().getId()

View solution in original post

1 Reply
cjose
Senior Member II

Re: Compare Selected User with Current User

Jump to solution

Since you are comparing execution.getVariable('manager_of_requested_for') which will be the "ID" of manager_of_requested_for, you need to get currentUser's ID for the comparison. Set currentUser as below
var currentUser = userInfoBean.getCurrentUser().getId()