Custom workflow upgrades

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muralidharand
Established Member II

Custom workflow upgrades

Initally we built a custom review & approval workflow with bpm_assignee as the mandatory field and deployed into production, everything is fine. Consider workflow version as v1.

After few months later, now we wanted to assign the workflow task to multiple users and I changed workflow model from bpm_assignee to bpm_assignees. To support this change, I updated the bpmn file, share_custom_config and our delegates also.  Consider workflow version as v2.

When I start and complete the workflow version v2 everything is working fine.

In the system there are some v1 workflows are running , when I try to complete the task, I'm getting the following error.

org.activiti.engine.ActivitiException: Exception while invoking TaskListener: 05130008 Mandatory task properties have not been provided! {http://www.alfresco.org/model/bpm/1.0}assignees

I understood the rootcause, the underlying workflow model expects bpm_assigness but task does not have bpm_assignees.

Please suggest me, how I can fix this issue or any other work arounds?

I'm using Alfresco 5.0.2 enterprise edition.

1 Reply
cjose
Senior Member II

Re: Custom workflow upgrades

Looks like, you updated the TaskListener which you use in both v1 and v2 to match the new version. If this is the case, if there are breaking changes to a new version of a TaskListener, you should have either used a new TaskListener for V2 and left the old TaskListener for V1 untouched.