Deployed new bpmn files but fetching both old &new files instead of latest one

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aravindroyal
Member II

Deployed new bpmn files but fetching both old &new files instead of latest one

We have upgrade activiti from 5.13 to 5.22,and we faced a issue with assignment bean so we replaced the bpmn files.  We have other own application where it will fetch only latest deployed process files from activiti bpm from deployedprocessdefinitions, but it is fetching both old and new processes, due to that it conflicting my application configurations as it is displaying two process with same names.  Note:If i new 2-3new bpmn files with same proc_def_id also it is overridding new file but old file not over ridding.  We suspended the old process also, then in deployedprocessdefinitions tab it is displaying 1 process but when application calling activiti is returning 2 processes   May know how to solve this or from which DB  deployedprocessdefinitions is getting values.so that i can do some changes to that DB like it will not affect old instances

5 Replies
bassam_al-saror
Alfresco Employee

Re: Deployed new bpmn files but fetching both old &new files instead of latest one

How do you fetch process definitions? You might need to specify in you query (or REST request) that you want the latest version.

Note:If i new 2-3new bpmn files with same proc_def_id also it is overridding new file but old file not over ridding.

Note that process definition ids are unique for each process definition version. Process definition id is a combination of 

KEY:VERSIONSmiley Very HappyBID

aravindroyal
Member II

Re: Deployed new bpmn files but fetching both old &new files instead of latest one

Through query, we are fetching latest deployed version.

In old activiti version 5.13 we deployed 4 processes and query used to fetch only latest record. This issue we are facing after upgrading from 5.13 to 5.22.

Now query is same but activiti-engine is returning two records(like one record from 5.13 version deployed files and other records from 5.22 deployed files).

There is no migration option also to convert all old records to new version.

bassam_al-saror
Alfresco Employee

Can you show how the records look like in the DB? Does ACT_RE_PROCDEF have newer versions after upgrading to 5.22?

aravindroyal
Member II

In above image V 1,3 are deployed in activiti  5.13 and v4 is deployed in activiti 5.22.

We tried to suspend the version 1,3 but activiti engine is returning 2 process still as explained previously like one from old and other from the new version after suspending also.

bassam_al-saror
Alfresco Employee

Not sure what is the issue here each process definition has a different version which seems fine. What call do you make and get 2 processes ?