Did you mean: 
gbanks
Active Member II

Re: Display Files attached in previous Process Instances

Ok I have attached it. Thank you for your diligence, Ciju

cjose
Senior Member II

Looks like you are complicating this. You don't have to do any of that if all you trying to do is display a previously selected attachment. Please find attached a modified version where you can use display value field to select an attachment.

gbanks
Active Member II

I'm trying to display a document attached in a previous process instance, not the current one

cjose
Senior Member II

It is best to be done using the Java APIs associated with related contents. You can refer to an example at activiti-examples/activiti-copy-attachments-from-parent-process at master · cijujoseph/activiti-exam....

If it is one or two files, using the url field field is an option too. Please find attached an example showing how to do it. to run this example, you need to know the content id which you can obtain using rest apis.

Hope this helps. Also, when asking questions, it would be great if you can provide as much details as you can at the beginning including some attachments like unit tests, prototypes etc which will help save time!

gbanks
Active Member II

Ciju, this still does not resolve my issue. The processes would not be related in any way; there is no parent-child relationship. I basically need to create a search engine where a user can find/download ANY content that has been uploaded in an entirely different process.

cjose
Senior Member II

Understood. I was just showing an example of how to use the JAVA APIs. You will have to write your logic based on your needs.

Ciju

gbanks
Active Member II

I am unable to import your app, I see the error 
"Error while processing the app definition file : Could not deserialize form definition "

cjose
Senior Member II

Are you using a version older than 1.6? I created the app in 1.6.3 and if you are using one of the older versions (1.5.x or below) you may get this error.

gbanks
Active Member II

As I am unable to view your example, would you mind explaining what you have done? I understand I perform an API call to retrieve the file using its contentId. When I have done this, it returns the raw file in a way that does not let me map it to a variable which I can then display in another form. How do I get from the API call to being able to view/download the file?

cjose
Senior Member II

See if you are able to import the attached app. I manually modified to make it compatible with 1.5