Does Activiti support Teradata database?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vamshidharjvr

Does Activiti support Teradata database?

Jump to solution

I'm using Activiti 5.22 and I tried to change the default h2 database to Teradata by modifying the db.properties in the folder webapps\activiti-explorer\WEB-INF\classes as:

db=teradata
jdbc.driver=com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver
jdbc.url=jdbc:teradata://10.200.4.116;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=1000
jdbc.username=****
jdbc.password=****

But I found no success with this. http://localhost:8080/activiti-explorer/ does not open by running the startup.bat file, which would otherwise open if database is set to default as h2. Is there anything that I am missing?

Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jearles
Established Member II

Re: Does Activiti support Teradata database?

Jump to solution

The supported platform for all Alfresco Services can be found here: Supported Platforms | Alfresco.
Also, I was unable to find any cases in Activiti that utilized an unsupported database. I did however, find a case of using Teradata with Hibernate, though: JAVAVikings: Using Hibernate with TeraData - which is the underlying JPA system that Activiti uses.

There is a possibility that with the appropriate JDBC drivers, and selecting the TeradataDialect for your hibernate.dialect in the activiti-app.properties, this might work. Check to make sure you have the TeraData drivers in your build, if you haven't.

Best of luck.
JEarles
bp3

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jeenut

Jump to solution

I am facing the same issue. Can somebody please help. 

romschn

Jump to solution

The following link points to the supported stack for Activiti Suite 1.0 https://www.alfresco.com/cmis/views/workspace%253A%252F%252FSpacesStore%252F0498cae2-14e5-400e-bccc-... , Under Database section, I couldn't see Teradata as an option. 

Hope this helps.

vamshidharjvr

Jump to solution

Is there any similar documentation for activity 5.x? I couldn't find Teradata in supported databases in user guide.
Is there any work around to connect activiti with databases other than those mentioned in the user guide?

jearles
Established Member II

Jump to solution

The supported platform for all Alfresco Services can be found here: Supported Platforms | Alfresco.
Also, I was unable to find any cases in Activiti that utilized an unsupported database. I did however, find a case of using Teradata with Hibernate, though: JAVAVikings: Using Hibernate with TeraData - which is the underlying JPA system that Activiti uses.

There is a possibility that with the appropriate JDBC drivers, and selecting the TeradataDialect for your hibernate.dialect in the activiti-app.properties, this might work. Check to make sure you have the TeraData drivers in your build, if you haven't.

Best of luck.
JEarles
bp3