cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aoezlem
Member II

DropDown Menu in Activiti 6

Hi,

does anybody know how to populate the options of a dropdown menu in Activiti 6 (Community Edition) programmatically?

I have a script task which collects data from the database and I'd like to display the result in a following user task within a dropdown menu. I'm able to pass a single parameter from the script task to the user task and display it e.g. in a text field, but failing in displaying a list in a dropdown menu.

I've read an article about creating such a form (http://www.jorambarrez.be/blog/2013/03/13/creating-a-new-form-property-in-activiti/). The solution provided there is to create a custom type (month) in Java, attaching it to the process engine and then displaying it in the dropdown menu.
However this doesn't seem to be applicable in Activiti 6 (Community Edition).

Does anybody know how to solve this?

1 Reply
ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Re: DropDown Menu in Activiti 6

I think the answer regarding the Activiti 6 UI is the one provided in Forms designer and dynamic dropdown options  - the feature is provided by stencils in the Alfresco Process Services enterprise offering (https://community.alfresco.com/community/bpm/blog/2016/11/23/activiti-enterprise-developer-series-cu... ). 

If you compare Activiti/modules at 6.x · Activiti/Activiti · GitHub  to Activiti/modules at 5.x · Activiti/Activiti · GitHub  it's apparent that a new way of doing forms was added for 6 and the 6 UI app is using that new approach. The render-form.js file mentioned in that other post is Activiti/render-form.js at 6.x · Activiti/Activiti · GitHub . The old form implementation from v5 is there in the v6 engine but that may not be of much help as the form rendering is perhaps the more relevant difference between the explorer and the v6 UIs. The v5 class AbstractFormPropertyRenderer was part of the explorer rather than the engine (activiti/AbstractFormPropertyRenderer.java at master · chkal/activiti · GitHub ) and so it just doesn't exist in v6.