duplicate version row in ACT_RE_PROCDEF

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmorado

duplicate version row in ACT_RE_PROCDEF

I am using activiti 5.22.0 with springboot 4.2.x

I am seeing ocassionally that a dupe rows with same version for a process def exists in ACT_RE_PROCDEF table causing the application to not load at all.

Is this a known issue? 

thanks

7 Replies
cjose
Senior Member II

Re: duplicate version row in ACT_RE_PROCDEF

Not that I'm aware. Could you please provide a screenshot of this from your table? At least the ProcessDefinitionId (ID_) should be unique!

nmorado

I will provide next time it happens but we have only one process when this happens.

how do control when a new proc def gets inserted - i.e., insert if only new version for proc def is available instead of every boot up?

cjose
Senior Member II

Check this link for more details about duplicate resource filtering

Ciju

nmorado

where is the version specified for the single-resource strategy? does not seem obvious from the designer perspective - somewhere else?

nmorado

reviewing back the link - the single source seems to only handle version at a process def file level vs as a whole.

the issue that we were getting is that even though the bpmn file did not change and you just restart the server - a new row with higher version gets inserted all the time.

not sure how bpmn detects if anything changed from the bpmn since it was last deployed?

kam
Member II

Today I faced exactly the same problem of duplicate rows with same version. I have two nodes in cluster, both were restarted same time and they ended up with same version but different ID_ though. Removing the rows just worked fine. Seems this is indeed a bug in activiti where it could possibly add rows with same version + key, however when you try to start a process with key, it queries for key + version and expects on only one result.

nmorado

attaching the dupe