Easy Business Activity Monitoring

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pault
Active Member II

Easy Business Activity Monitoring

A few years back I started work on a prototype low footprint business activity monitoring solution built around Activi version 5. This was based on many years of experience in this area and was designed from the outset to be very easy to use. With the addition of some simple extensions to your BPMN 2.0 process definitions, and an extra JAR file, it would give you powerful monitoring capabilities. Tracking key measures as events occur, detecting conditions you define, and then triggering appropriate alert handling processes. For example detecting anomalous order values by customer in a sales process, spotting increasing duration trends for task execution, or predicting peaks in workload for particular individuals. These are just a few examples, it is very flexible and could be applied in many ways.

For various reasons this work got put to one side, but I’m now looking to return to it, and I’m keen to hear from anyone who may have a requirement in this area to help me gauge what interest there may be in this.

2 Replies
paul_roth
Established Member

Re: Easy Business Activity Monitoring

PaulT _‌ this does sound like a very interesting extension.  As you consider returning to work on this It would be useful to revisit the idea in Activiti 7.  

pault
Active Member II

Re: Easy Business Activity Monitoring

Paul Roth‌ thanks, that sounds encoraging, and I will make sure I take a look at Activiti 7.