Error while generating process diagram, image will not be stored in repository

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chandra_nm
Member II

Error while generating process diagram, image will not be stored in repository

Getting below error while deploying spring boot activity application .

Attached the Process XMLS and error message .

2017-03-10 14:10:19.182 [0;39m [32m INFO [0;39m [35m33900 [0;39m  [2m--- [0;39m  [2m[ main] [0;39m [36mo.a.e.impl.bpmn.deployer.BpmnDeployer [0;39m  [2m: [0;39m Processing resource processes/NonParticipatingBusinessProcess.V1.bpmn

[2m2017-03-10 14:10:19.425 [0;39m [33m WARN [0;39m [35m33900 [0;39m  [2m--- [0;39m  [2m[ main] [0;39m [36mo.a.e.impl.bpmn.deployer.BpmnDeployer [0;39m  [2m: [0;39m Error while generating process diagram, image will not be stored in repository

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at org.activiti.image.impl.DefaultProcessDiagramGenerator.initProcessDiagramCanvas(DefaultProcessDiagramGenerator.java:898) ~[activiti-image-generator-5.21.0.jar:5.21.0]

at org.activiti.image.impl.DefaultProcessDiagramGenerator.generateProcessDiagram(DefaultProcessDiagramGenerator.java:475) ~[activiti-image-generator-5.21.0.jar:5.21.0]

at org.activiti.image.impl.DefaultProcessDiagramGenerator.generateDiagram(DefaultProcessDiagramGenerator.java:403) ~[activiti-image-generator-5.21.0.jar:5.21.0]

at org.activiti.image.impl.DefaultProcessDiagramGenerator.generateDiagram(DefaultProcessDiagramGenerator.java:425) ~[activiti-image-generator-5.21.0.jar:5.21.0]

at org.activiti.engine.impl.bpmn.deployer.BpmnDeployer.deploy(BpmnDeployer.java:155) ~[activiti-engine-5.21.0.jar:5.21.0]

at org.activiti.engine.impl.persistence.deploy.DeploymentManager.deploy(DeploymentManager.java:58) [activiti-engine-5.21.0.jar:5.21.0]

at org.activiti.engine.impl.cmd.DeployCmd.execute(DeployCmd.java:106) [activiti-engine-5.21.0.jar:5.21.0]

at org.activiti.engine.impl.cmd.DeployCmd.execute(DeployCmd.java:37) [activiti-engine-5.21.0.jar:5.21.0]

at org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandInvoker.execute(CommandInvoker.java:24) [activiti-engine-5.21.0.jar:5.21.0]

at org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandContextInterceptor.execute(CommandContextInterceptor.java:57) [activiti-engine-5.21.0.jar:5.21.0]

at org.activiti.spring.SpringTransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(SpringTransactionInterceptor.java:47) [activiti-spring-5.21.0.jar:5.21.0]

at org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionTemplate.execute(TransactionTemplate.java:133) [spring-tx-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]

at org.activiti.spring.SpringTransactionInterceptor.execute(SpringTransactionInterceptor.java:45) [activiti-spring-5.21.0.jar:5.21.0]

at org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.LogInterceptor.execute(LogInterceptor.java:31) [activiti-engine-5.21.0.jar:5.21.0]

at org.activiti.engine.impl.cfg.CommandExecutorImpl.execute(CommandExecutorImpl.java:40) [activiti-engine-5.21.0.jar:5.21.0]

at org.activiti.engine.impl.cfg.CommandExecutorImpl.execute(CommandExecutorImpl.java:35) [activiti-engine-5.21.0.jar:5.21.0]

at org.activiti.engine.impl.RepositoryServiceImpl.deploy(RepositoryServiceImpl.java:79) [activiti-engine-5.21.0.jar:5.21.0]

at org.activiti.engine.impl.repository.DeploymentBuilderImpl.deploy(DeploymentBuilderImpl.java:156) [activiti-engine-5.21.0.jar:5.21.0]

at com.nm.workqueue.ActivitiConfiguration.repositoryService(ActivitiConfiguration.java:100) [bin/:na]

at com.nm.workqueue.ActivitiConfiguration$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$616c100.CGLIB$repositoryService$7(<generated>) [bin/:na]

at com.nm.workqueue.ActivitiConfiguration$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$616c100$$FastClassBySpringCGLIB$$7c75757.invoke(<generated>) [bin/:na]

at org.springframework.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invokeSuper(MethodProxy.java:228) [spring-core-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]

at org.springframework.context.annotation.ConfigurationClassEnhancer$BeanMethodInterceptor.intercept(ConfigurationClassEnhancer.java:356) [spring-context-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]

at com.nm.workqueue.ActivitiConfiguration$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$616c100.repositoryService(<generated>) [bin/:na]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_101]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[na:1.8.0_101]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[na:1.8.0_101]

6 Replies
jearles
Established Member II

Re: Error while generating process diagram, image will not be stored in repository

Chandra,

Is the 'Process 1' file being exported directly from Activiti and then having this issue upon the following import? And there's no modification of the file?

I'm assuming the 'Process 1' file is the one that is causing the error and 'Process 2' is not? Because 'Process 2' works for me without any issues. If this isn't the case - please explain your case with a little bit more detail. Where is that 'error log.txt' file coming from? It doesn't seem to contain anything useful from what I was hoping to be an Activiti log.

Anyway, I'll be stepping through the code when importing 'Process 1' soon - hopefully I can pinpoint something more specific.

-JEarles
bp3

chandra_nm
Member II

Re:  Error while generating process diagram, image will not be stored in repository

I Have copied the Activity process XML from Eclipse activity designer to notepad.

Process 1 and process 2 both are having the issue.

jearles
Established Member II

Re: Error while generating process diagram, image will not be stored in repository

For my own reproduction case: What version of Activiti are you using?

chandra_nm
Member II

Re:  Error while generating process diagram, image will not be stored in repository

I am using version 5.21.0.

org.activiti:activiti-spring-boot-starter-basic:5.21.0

gdharley
Intermediate

Ok, so you have a bad laneset declaration in your bpmn process (I only looked at Process2.bpmn).

See below:

Notice the duplicate ID between the top process and laneset?

Also, you appear to have a bogus second process definition.

There may be other issues but this one stands out.

Also, I don't recommend using lanes, especially in the eclipse modeler, they are really buggy.

Greg

jearles
Established Member II

Chandra,

I'm having a difficult time reproducing your problem, using any version of Activiti I currently have installed, including the 5.21 setup you're using. However, there is some really odd behavior surrounding your two processes, which may in part be related to what Greg mentioned.

Process 1: Does not import, with a different error than you're seeing.
Process 2: Every time I import it, it brings in 2N (where N is the number of times I've imported it previously) of a process model called "NonParticipatingBusinessProcess.V2" - which is odd, since that's actually a part of Process 1, and completely unrelated to Process 2.

I haven't pinpointed any problems, but there are some really wonky things surrounding these two files.

Have you tried this NOT using the Eclipse Editor as it has quite a few problems of it's own, even without the quirks of using lanes?

-JEarles