Get data from one process to another process

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amruta_w

Get data from one process to another process

Hello,

I want to get data from one process to another process.

Consider an example there are two processes(student details[id,name,role number are the form fields], student address[id, city, pincode are the form fileds]). In the student detail process I will fill the form[id,name and role number] I will use this as draft task and in student address process i will fill the form [id, city and pincode]. what ever I have filled in student address process that data should get in student detail process in the grid format. How should I achieve this?

Thanks

Amruta

3 Replies
mkappel
Active Member II

Re: Get data from one process to another process

Hi Amruta,

Lets try to solve your issue, but I have to admit that I'm not sure if I understand what you're trying to achieve.

First: What version are you using? Alfresco Process Services, Alfresco Activiti Community, Embedded in Alfresco Content Services?

Second: I'm assuming you would like to kick-off a workflow to gather student information, and then kick-off a sub-workflow to allow the student to fill in his address details. Is this hit the point roughly?

So building something like that in Alfresco Process Services, it allows me pretty easy reusing the data from the sub-process Student Address Form in the Verify step, as shown in attached diagram. Just use "Show Value" in Verify form and select the property.

Student Information Process

Does this help anyhow?

Cheers,

Martin

amruta_w

Hello Martin,

The process you have shown in image that is working fine.

But consider In student address process already i have filled twice or thrice address data, this data I want in my student detail process. If new student allow to fill student address process else take from already filled data in student detail process.

Thanks

Amruta 

mkappel
Active Member II

Hi Amruta,

I'm still trying to understand your end-to-end use case, but as far as I understand you're aiming on determining student data and it could be, that information are already there, or no information are available so far. It could be, that a student has provided information already, someone else captured information, or no-one captured information so far. Actually we talk about two processes and they are targeted for different roles, but gathering the same.

Therefore I would suggest, that you have a look at Alfresco Process Services (APS) Enterprise. You can get a trial version here.

APS allows to store, retrieve and update information from external resources, so in your case, if you start a process, you can check an external resource (might be a DB, CRM or such), if data for that student are available already. If yes, you can pre-fill the form with available information, or populate the information you already have. It also allows updating existing information.

Let's imagine you have a back-office process and a student process.

• The student can start the process and provide information like name, address, date of birth, etc. Those information are stored in an external resource, for example a data base.
  • The back office can also start a process for a student, and the provided information (if available), are pre-filled in the form. back-office can update and/or complete information and store them in ext. resource/DB.

Please have a look to this blog post from Martin Bergljung‌, where he describes, how to connect with external resources and data models: https://community.alfresco.com/community/bpm/blog/2016/11/17/activiti-enterprise-developer-series-cu...

Does this make any sense to you?

Otherwise it would help describing the end-to-end use case with an example of involved roles and process.

Martin