Hello , Team : How to add new property for user task like PRIORITY_ , and DUE_DATE_. I will really appericiate for your quick help and support.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
javadeveloper62
Member II

Hello , Team : How to add new property for user task like PRIORITY_ , and DUE_DATE_. I will really appericiate for your quick help and support.

Jump to solution

Like PRIORITY_, and DUE_DATE_ ,  I want to introduce my new custom property for UserTask. I tried as per my understanding. I took the reference of PRIORITY_ attribute. I can see my new attribute/property in modeler design but not in ACT_RU_TASK table and task object getter.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gdharley
Intermediate

Re: Hello , Team : How to add new property for user task like PRIORITY_ , and DUE_DATE_. I will really appericiate for your quick help and support.

Jump to solution

Be aware, doing this will break any upgrade in the future.

1. Update table schema

2. Update the iBatis mappings (under resources in activiti-engine module)

3. Update TaskEntoty and TaskEntityManager classes in org.activiti.engine.impl.persistence.entity

4. Update all unit tests that will now fail.

I think that should do it.

Greg

View solution in original post

3 Replies
gdharley
Intermediate

Re: Hello , Team : How to add new property for user task like PRIORITY_ , and DUE_DATE_. I will really appericiate for your quick help and support.

Jump to solution

Give us a little more detail of what you have done to date.

It sounds as though all you have done is add a custom property in the modeler which will impact the BPMN definition that is ultimately deployed.

For custom service tasks this is usually enough as the service implementation knows how to understand the extension elements injected into the BPMN.

However if you are looking to extend a standard User task, you will need to update the BPMN parser, ActivityBehavior handler, Entity definition and myBatis mappings.

A fairly straight forward, but non trivial exercise.

Perhaps I have misunderstood your requirement.

Greg

javadeveloper62
Member II

Re:       Hello , Team : How to add new property for user task like PRIORITY_ , and DUE_DATE_. I will really appericiate for your quick help and support.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, I want to introduce new attribute in ACT_RU_TASK table. Please guide me for the same.

gdharley
Intermediate

Jump to solution

Be aware, doing this will break any upgrade in the future.

1. Update table schema

2. Update the iBatis mappings (under resources in activiti-engine module)

3. Update TaskEntoty and TaskEntityManager classes in org.activiti.engine.impl.persistence.entity

4. Update all unit tests that will now fail.

I think that should do it.

Greg