cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nabil_malloul

Hot deploying workflow on Alfresco

Jump to solution

Hey,

I developped a share module allowing users to design and configure a workflow diagram. The users generate then the xml files of the workflows. Now i want to hot deploying the workflow and run it in Alfresco share from my module without restarting Alfresco.

Is there a way to achieve this?

I looked for a solution, and i found that alfresco Java Api contains some class to manage the workflows definitions, but i don't know if i can resolve my issue with this.

My question is: Is there a way to hot deploying a workflow from my share module, by developping a java backed script?

If you have an example to how use Alfresco java api classes to hot deploy workflows, it'll be very helpful for me.

Regards.

N.M

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vhelmut
Active Member II

Re: Hot deploying workflow on Alfresco

Jump to solution

Hi nabil malloul!

Alfresco Share can deploy workflows: you can read clearly about this in this article: Dynamic Models 

I think, you will solve your problem if you'll write a script which:

1. will save xml diagram which your module has generated into Company Home -> Data Dictionary -> Models;
  2. will set  'Model Active' property = true.

I hope it will help!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vhelmut
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi nabil malloul!

Alfresco Share can deploy workflows: you can read clearly about this in this article: Dynamic Models 

I think, you will solve your problem if you'll write a script which:

1. will save xml diagram which your module has generated into Company Home -> Data Dictionary -> Models;
  2. will set  'Model Active' property = true.

I hope it will help!

nabil_malloul

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply.

It's exactly what i done. For the content model, i created webscript that copy the xml file in models and set its 'Model Active' property to true.

For the workflow hot deploying i used the Alfresco java api classes to hot deploy the workflow definition xml file.

Your solution resolve the issue i posted