Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
himabindu_v
Active Member II

How can i Achieve backward flow

Jump to solution

For ex:

User Task is consider as level1 and level2 , if level1 is approved then it goes to level2.if level2 is rejected i have to forward user task to level 1.

How can i achieve this scenario, could you please let me know. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
himabindu_v
Active Member II

Re: How can i Achieve backward flow

Jump to solution

Thank you Ryan Dawson, for giving suggestions to me. I am added one variable for flow for backward and forward.Now it's working fine.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

It sounds like you need an exclusive gateway after level1. The level1 task should set a variable of approved/rejected. The outgoing sequence flows of the exclusive gateway can have conditions of approved, which should go to level2, or rejected, which should go back to level1.

himabindu_v
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Yes i need exclusive gateway if you had any examples on this requirement could you please let me know

himabindu_v
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Actually my intention was the level1 task approved, which should go to level 2. when level2 task rejected it will again go back to level1 task. that is the scenario, if you had any solution on this scenario could you please let me know.

mdtabrezmca
Established Member II

Jump to solution

you can refer this example act activiti source code Activiti/ExclusiveGatewayTest.testDecisionFunctionality.bpmn20.xml at 6.x · Activiti/Activiti · GitH...  if you are uisng activiti. Just import this xml file using activiti-processes-> import process from your activiti 6 designer.

himabindu_v
Active Member II

Jump to solution

i am implementing the above scenario using Spring frame work with activiti. if you had any solution for this scenario,could you please let me know.

himabindu_v
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Below scenario i want to achieve using Spring framework with Activiti, Any one did the same scenario like this could you please share your examples to me.

ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Do you mean you're using the full activiti 6 app in tomcat like in http://www.baeldung.com/activiti-kickstart-and-rest-apps ? Or perhaps you're using v5 and the Activiti explorer (in which case the book Activiti in Action is probably the best reference)?

Or are you embedding activiti in a spring boot app like in Getting started with Activiti and Spring Boot  ? 

If you're embedding activiti then you'll need to add your own UI. If you're using the v6 app or the v5 explorer app then you should have a task-processing UI available and you'd just need to import your process.

himabindu_v
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Below scenario i want to achieve using Spring framework with Activiti, Any one did the same scenario like this, could you please share your examples to me.

himabindu_v
Active Member II

Jump to solution

i am embedding activiti in a spring frame work, i am created BPMN file like below file.I am uploading the Bpmn file for this scenario. level1 approved successfully and level2 rejected the task, then task again will go to level1 it is not happened thorugh Spring with activiti.