cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Re: How can i Achieve backward flow

Jump to solution

What you describe in words and what you've shown in your diagram do not match as far as I can seen. From your description I would expect something like this:

Perhaps you need to review your diagram?

himabindu_v
Active Member II

Jump to solution

i am sorry, am explained clearly to you.

1.level1 manager approves it shoulld go to level2 manager, if level1 manager rejects then the task should be complete.

2.if level2 manager approves then the task should complete, if level2 manager rejects then the task again redirect to level1 manager.

i hope you are able to understanding my problem.

ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Ok it does look like your diagram should do that. So your problem is "level1 approved successfully and level2 rejected the task, then task again will go to level1 it is not happened thorugh Spring with activiti"

So level1 is working as you would expect and using the outcome to decide the next step but level2 is not? What conditions do you have set on the outgoing sequence flows and what variable are you using for the condition in the xml of your process definition? I'd recommend looking at Getting started with Activiti and Spring Boot  and how that example sets the "telephoneInterviewOutcome variable as the exclusive gateway uses it to route the execution"

himabindu_v
Active Member II

Jump to solution

yes level1 is working fine what i am expected, level2 is also working fine when level2 is approved the task.

My problem is level2 is rejects it should go to level1 manger, for this problem what can i do.

I already read this  blog (Getting started with Activiti and Spring Boot ).

In this blog they are showed only in forward way not backward way.

Thank you.

ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

It doesn't really matter whether it is going forward or backward. The question is whether the value of the variable that is being checked in the sequence flow matches the condition. Anything you could share of the xml and java would help.

venkatesh1987

Jump to solution

What  is the condition you are checking for both the outgoing transactions of second exclusivegateway (i.e after the Accountant Approval). If you could share the .bpmn file it will give clear idea of what you are missing.

Your diagram seems to be fine, what you are missing here is are you setting the variable properly and the condition check on outgoing sequence flow.

himabindu_v
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you Ryan Dawson, for giving suggestions to me. I am added one variable for flow for backward and forward.Now it's working fine.

himabindu_v
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you venkatesh, for giving support to resolve this issue.