How can I be an assignee or contributor in Activiti JIRA?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kabiliravi
Member II

How can I be an assignee or contributor in Activiti JIRA?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have tried to assign myself as a contributor in Activiti JIRA, but I could not. I have more than 4 year experience developing application on top of Activiti BPM engine, I think I have a good knowledge of the Acitiviti code so that I can help resolving other people issues. 

Need someone's help to grant me a permission as an individual contributor.

Thanks,

Nasim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Re: How can I be an assignee or contributor in Activiti JIRA?

Jump to solution

Please feel free to join the Activiti7 gitter channel Activiti/Activiti7 - Gitter . We'd be very happy to have a chat about what areas you're most interested in. (The jira board is used for the enterprise edition, whereas community issues are raised on the github or here in the forums. For new feature development on Activiti7 see Activiti 7.x · GitHub or join the gitter.)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

Do you mean this Activiti JIRA? There is no way to manually assign yourself on a task/issue. It is the Alfresco company issue tracker - only Alfresco Engineering and product managers handle issues on this platform. There is no "contributor" status that lets you handle issues for them.

If you want to contribute code / fixes to the Activiti core engine, the best way currently would be to work via issues / pull requests on the GitHub project. These are a bit more flexible and allow easy merging of your code contributions, whereas in JIRA you could only provide patch file attachements that would then need to be manually applied to the codebase.

ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Please feel free to join the Activiti7 gitter channel Activiti/Activiti7 - Gitter . We'd be very happy to have a chat about what areas you're most interested in. (The jira board is used for the enterprise edition, whereas community issues are raised on the github or here in the forums. For new feature development on Activiti7 see Activiti 7.x · GitHub or join the gitter.)