How can i delete workflow permanenently from database by using ActivitiRestClientService. Please help!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alfresco_shashi
Member II

How can i delete workflow permanenently from database by using ActivitiRestClientService. Please help!

Hi All,

I have a requirement to delete all old closed workflow from on some routine basis using ActivitiRestClientService method.

I am unable to do it and i am not able to find any method that delete a workflow from database. there is a service that delete workflow by changing the status in DELETE_REASON_. but it does not delete the data permanently from database table (ACT_HI_PROCINST).

actually this table(ACT_HI_PROCINST) we are using to display all closed workflow in GUI. but due to it does not delete the data permanently from table is causing performance issue as it loads all workflow during load time and we have to filter it programmatically after all data loaded in resultset. and due to this we are getting performance issue.

Thanks in Advance,

Best regards,

Shashi

2 Replies
cjose
Senior Member II

Re: How can i delete workflow permanenently from database by using ActivitiRestClientService. Please help!

Have you tried the delete api ?

alfresco_shashi
Member II

Re: How can i delete workflow permanenently from database by using ActivitiRestClientService. Please help!

Thank you Joseph,

Yes, I cheked the delete api. but all the delete method of this api it only disable the workflow(it fills the column with DELETE_REASON with Deleted by user). it do not delete workflow from database.

But our requirements is completely delete the all closed work flow from Table (ACT_HI_PROCINST) which is causing performance issue.

Best regards,

Shashi