How can i give permission to a user to access a file in a folder in which it doesn't have any permission?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klotilda

How can i give permission to a user to access a file in a folder in which it doesn't have any permission?

Jump to solution

Hello, I want to create a workflow (in eclipse) in which user A assigns a task to user B. To complete that task, user B has to access a file in a folder X , in which it has not access. How can i achieve that? Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
douglascrp
Advanced II

Re: How can i give permission to a user to access a file in a folder in which it doesn't have any permission?

Jump to solution

You can set specific permissions on the document.

By doing so, users will be able to see the document when using search for example, but they will have problems if they try to access the parent folder's properties.

To fix that, you could give the user the read permission on the folder, but then you would have to change the permissions on the other files inside the folder, first by turning off the permission inheritance, and then defining who can see those.

I hope you can understand the idea.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
douglascrp
Advanced II

Re: How can i give permission to a user to access a file in a folder in which it doesn't have any permission?

Jump to solution

You can set specific permissions on the document.

By doing so, users will be able to see the document when using search for example, but they will have problems if they try to access the parent folder's properties.

To fix that, you could give the user the read permission on the folder, but then you would have to change the permissions on the other files inside the folder, first by turning off the permission inheritance, and then defining who can see those.

I hope you can understand the idea.

klotilda

Jump to solution

thanks a lot Smiley Happy