cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdp

How can I restrict multiple execution of User Task

Jump to solution

Hi,

My workflow design is as attached one, here I want to send a notification to some user in case of boundary timer hits on user task "For Action" and process flow should be stay on the same user task "For Action". Also I do not want to execute that user task "For Action" again, means if related user received some action from that user task once, it should not send it again when flow come back to that node after sending notification. Can any one please suggest how can I handle this scenario.

Thanks,

JDP

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gdharley
Intermediate

Re: How can I restrict multiple execution of User Task

Jump to solution

Rather than routing Send Notification back into the For Action task, just let it go to the end.

The For Action task will remain, the notification will be sent, and you will only have one For ACtion task.
Also, make sure you uncheck the "Cancel Activity" on the Boundary timer.

Greg

View solution in original post

3 Replies
gdharley
Intermediate

Jump to solution

Rather than routing Send Notification back into the For Action task, just let it go to the end.

The For Action task will remain, the notification will be sent, and you will only have one For ACtion task.
Also, make sure you uncheck the "Cancel Activity" on the Boundary timer.

Greg

jdp

Jump to solution

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the reply, appreciate your suggestion. I have one more question here, I want to execute boundary timer multiple times but not attached User Task. I want to send notification repeatedly at particular time interval until "For Action" user task not complete by that user. Could you please suggest any hint here.

Thanks,

JDP

jdp

Jump to solution

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply, I got the solution from other thread :

https://community.alfresco.com/message/805669-re-how-to-send-notification-using-boundary-timer-time-... 

Regards,

JDP