How does one add or remove workflows in alfresco share? I'm currently using alfresco 6.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanduku
Member II

How does one add or remove workflows in alfresco share? I'm currently using alfresco 6.

I got a copy of alfresco community(alfresco-content-services-community-full-distribution-6.0.7-ga.zip) from here and set it up in a running tomcat installation. However, when it comes to setting up a custom workflow, the only info I had was from this source. I tried this but was not able to setup a custom workflow to use. Would there be a guide I'm missing that would help me in setting up a custom workflow? If a modern version of alfresco can help, I'd be happy to look into it.

Thanks.

4 Replies
roberto_gamiz
Established Member II

Re: How does one add or remove workflows in alfresco share? I'm currently using alfresco 6.

Hello,

This info is relative to jBpm the old workflows engine that was eliminated en 5.2 version. Try with the instructions of this link:

Workflow | Alfresco Documentation 

Regards

sanduku
Member II

Re: How does one add or remove workflows in alfresco share? I'm currently using alfresco 6.

Thanks for the help. I was able to setup eclipse and create a basic workflow. However, what I do not get is where the additional files are generated, such as the share-config-custom.xml and the workflow-model.xml.

Also is there a video that shows this process implemented? Maybe it could help with the process of understanding how a custom workflow is setup.

roberto_gamiz
Established Member II

You must generate all this files manually. There is no extenal tool that help you in this task. With this aditional files you have to define a custom content model that is used to store the nformation of the workflow in the repository and display it in the UI.

In this link you can find info about extend Alfresco Content Model.

Content Model | Alfresco Documentation 

Regards

sanduku
Member II

Thanks for the help. In addition to Workflow | Alfresco Documentation and Content Model | Alfresco Documentation, I was able to get an idea of how to go about it. With that info, this developer series made sense.