cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newtoactiviti
Member II

How multiple requests handled by Activiti

Hi All

Lets say, If I go with activiti to build the workflow and deploy the web service in multiple servers.

IF there are large number of users using the system at the same time, How processEngine works ?

ProcessEngine processEngine = ProcessEngines.getDefaultProcessEngine()

1) One instance processEngine shared across multiple incoming requests?

2) Does task ids are different for each of the incoming request?

How does the processEngine instance work when multiple requests are coming simaltaneously ?

Thanks

Aneesh

1 Reply
thuynh
Established Member II

Re: How multiple requests handled by Activiti

Hi Aneesh Male,

Lets say, If I go with activiti to build the workflow and deploy the web service in multiple servers.

Have a look at Activiti admin doc, Alfresco Activiti 

IF there are large number of users using the system at the same time, How processEngine works ?

Multi threaded requests are properly synchronized by Activiti engine. If there are multiple requests trying to access a user task, the first request will be executed and the second will get an exception and so forth. If multiple requests access different process instances, then that's perfectly fine. 

If you are referring to performance i.e. how Activiti handles scalability and availability, have a look at Joram's blog post here: The Activiti Performance Showdown | Small steps with big feet 

One instance processEngine shared across multiple incoming requests?

Depends on your architecture setup, you can have many processEngine instances deployed. Again, look at the Admin Guide section on Activiti Alfresco Activiti 

Does task ids are different for each of the incoming request?

What do you mean? 

Thanks,

Thong Huynh