How to create a BPMN model (with forms) in Activiti Modeler and deploy to Alfresco 6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glaucocastro
Member II

How to create a BPMN model (with forms) in Activiti Modeler and deploy to Alfresco 6

Hi,

I've just downloaded Alfresco Content Services Community Edition 6.0 - General Release: 201806 (Docker Version) and I have a few questions regarding Alfresco 6 and Acitiviti Integration.

1) Is it possible to use Acitviti Modeler to create a BPMN model with forms and deploy it to ACS 6? Is there any documentation on it?

2) Where can I download the latest version of Activiti Modeler? Which version is the latest one?

3) Is it possible to deploy Acitviti Modeler App in this Docker Version I'm running?

3) Can I access forms created with Acitiviti Modeler using ADF? If so, is there any documentation on it?

4) Which Acitiviti version is ACS 6 running (docker version)?

My use case is very simple. I just wanted to have alfresco running as a Content Server, create my UI using ADF, have Acitiviti Modeler to create my models and have Process Server as my process engine, integrated with Alfresco. Pretty much what something like the image below.

Thanks.

8 Replies
glaucocastro
Member II

Re: How to create a BPMN model (with forms) in Activiti Modeler and deploy to Alfresco 6

Well, one month and no replys. I guess it´s not possible to do such thing, right?

Thanks

kgastaldo

Re: How to create a BPMN model (with forms) in Activiti Modeler and deploy to Alfresco 6

Since this questions touches ADF and ACS, I'm going to share to both spaces. Hopefully someone will have worked on a similar setup! 

ohej
Established Member II

Are you using Activiti 6 community? If yes, then this will not work with ADF.

Are you using Activiti 7? 

We need a bit more info on what exactly you're using in order to provide guidance.

mme
Established Member

basic‌ activiti6‌ acs‌ alfresco process‌ process‌ 

Hello everyone, I´am new to this forum and to Activiti and Alfresco and I ´am interested too, how to combine on a basic level.

The Setting ist: Activiti 6, Alfresco 6.

How do I create a workflow that involves this process. 

How I understand till now:

1) Is it possible to use Acitviti Modeler to create a BPMN model with forms and deploy it to ACS 6? Is there any documentation on it?

ad 1) With activiti you can model and design processes. Modelling means to work out the process without programming, code etc. In Activiti 5 there was a Activiti Modeler. In Activiti 6 there are now "Apps", doing the same and more. In general you can make with a modeled BPMN-Process a poster and there are different process tools to do that (Camunda, Signavio).

Designing means to put out a XML-Code with the possibility to code and extend (Java). In Activiti 6 you can do it with the apps (Modeler and Designer are one in Activiti6?). Also you can work with Eclipse Activiti, to design your processes.

2) Where can I download the latest version of Activiti Modeler? Which version is the latest one?

ad 2) You're looking for Activiti 6.x (easy to install https://community.alfresco.com/community/bpm/blog/2017/06/01/activiti-6-is-here), the lastest Version is Activiti 7 but it is not easy to install (https://www.activiti.org/). Our activity 6 file named: activity-6.0.0 and in the subfolder "wars" put activity-app.war to the tomcat 8.5 web apps folder, ready.

3) Is it possible to deploy Actviti Modeler App in this Docker Version I'm running?
Ad 3) Activiti Modeler App is a stand alone program. Users can model, design, activate and monitor processes in activate. The connectivity from Activity 6 to Alfresco 6 is organized through the Rest-API. But I ´am not sure how to do that. And it is unclear for me if Alfresco Process Services is only connectible to Alfresco Content Services (ACS means Hosted Version) or also connectible to Alfresco community Edition and if connectible: what would be possible then.

4) Can I access forms created with Acitiviti Modeler using ADF? If so, is there any documentation on it?
Ad 4) don't know, but you can create forms in activiti6

5) Which Activiti version is ACS 6 running (docker version)?
Ad 5) There are different things to differ:
1. Activiti 5,6,7
2. Activiti Modeler - now part of Activiti 6 and I guess 7
3. Alfresco Process Services as a part of Alfresco Content Services (Hosted). But APS cannot connected to Alfresco Community Edition  https://www.alfresco.com/de/plattform/content-services-ecm#detail
4. But in Alfresco Community Edition (free) there is a basic activiti machine working.

@Alfresco: the wording is confusing... don´t know if this is intended.

rallegre
Alfresco Employee

Hi,

ACS 6 embeds Activiti 5

For process modeling in Activiti 5, you can use the Eclipse Designer

ADF only works with the new Activiti 7 and APS

Hope it helps

mme
Established Member

Raphael Allegre‌ ACS embeds Activiti 5 means: Alfresco Community Edition embeds Activiti 5 too, right? And for Activiti 5 you can use Eclipse Designer. In Activiti 6 you don´t have a need for Eclipse? Only for understanding.

rallegre
Alfresco Employee

Alfresco Community Edition embeds Activiti 5? -> yes

In Activiti 6 you don´t have a need for Eclipse? -> Activiti 6 includes a web-based process modeler

mme
Established Member

Thanks for your answer, only for my better understanding: I can model/design (it´s in activiti the same) in  activiti 6 with the integrated web-based Modeler with the whole features, that Eclipse offer?