Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chsun
Active Member II

How to customize the task name?

Jump to solution

Hi,

This is my first time to customize an Activiti workflow. I built the workflow by reusing the tasks defined in workflowModel.xml, but want to change the task name displayed in share task page. How can I define them?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
roberto_gamiz
Established Member II

Re: How to customize the task name?

Jump to solution

Hi Charles,

In Share you can control the name with a property named title of the content type that define your task in the workflow content model. This is a problem for you since you're are reusing the out-of-the-box tasks which have its properties predefined.

When is nevesary to do any customization , even a litle one, i think the best way to do it is to extend alfresco with a custom workflow model in which you would have full control.

You could define the correspondent localization files and set the custom labels. This labels can be defined with this format:

<model_prefix>_<model_name>.type.<model_prefix>_<type_name>.title=

Regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies
pault
Active Member II

Jump to solution

The name displayed in Activiti Explorer comes from the 'name' attribute in the task definition.

e.g <userTask id="shipOrder" name="Ship Order">

You can also use the <documentation> element to add more detail.

roberto_gamiz
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Hello Charles,

Are you talking about APS or the Activiti engine embedded in ACS?

Regadrs

chsun
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Roberto,

I am using Alfresco Community, I think the Activiti engine is embedded in it.

Charles 

chsun
Active Member II

Jump to solution

I am using the Activiti embedded in Alfresco Community. The name defined in BPMN does not displayed in the task page. I did some study and found the message properties file in the SDK platform module controls the display. But I did find the documentation describes the format and usage.

roberto_gamiz
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Charles,

In Share you can control the name with a property named title of the content type that define your task in the workflow content model. This is a problem for you since you're are reusing the out-of-the-box tasks which have its properties predefined.

When is nevesary to do any customization , even a litle one, i think the best way to do it is to extend alfresco with a custom workflow model in which you would have full control.

You could define the correspondent localization files and set the custom labels. This labels can be defined with this format:

<model_prefix>_<model_name>.type.<model_prefix>_<type_name>.title=

Regards

chsun
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you, it works.