How to deploy a workflow in Activiti 7?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chsun
Active Member II

How to deploy a workflow in Activiti 7?

I want to deploy a BPMN workflow in an Activiti 7 cloud service. In an Activiti 6 server, I can do this by its REST API: 

POST repository/deployments
But in Activiti 7 I cannot find this API. Where can I find the deployment APIs? How can I deploy the workflow with or without the REST API? 

9 Replies
sanjaybandhniya
Intermediate

Re: How to deploy a workflow in Activiti 7?

chsun
Active Member II

Hi Sanjay,

I read the article but did not find how to deploy the workflow by the REST API.

I saw how to deploy the engine and how to get the predefined process definitions by the REST API, but no workflow deployment. Did I miss anything?

And I saw the CI/CD demo video in the activiti.org and another Deep Dive Series. Both of them rebuild and redeploy the runtime engine every time they create a new workflow. That is not what I want.

Thanks,

Charles Sun

Widad_Dek

Hi chsun,

That's exactly what I need to do in Activiti 6, which is to deploy dynamically new XML workflows without redeploying the whole runtime engine could you please tell me how did you manage to do it? 

Thanks,

abbask01

Hi @chsun 

I don't there's any rest api to deploy the model again, with activiti-7 you'll have to deploy it by restarting your server. but there are apis to connect with the runtime bundle, you can see the model deployed but you cannot modify it. source

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Abbas
abbask01

@Widad_Dek create a deployment with the pocess xml as input - https://www.activiti.org/userguide/#_create_a_new_deployment

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Abbas
chsun
Active Member II

I see. I am curious why the api was removed from activiti 7.

Best Regards,

Widad_Dek

Hi @abbask01 ,

Thanks for the respond, that's exactly what I've done from Spring Boot but I always get error 403 forbidden. So I really don't understand why is this operation not allowed, do you have any explanation about this ? 

Cordially,

ilseva
Active Member II

Hi everyone, I resume this post.

@chsun do you resolve your problem?

chsun
Active Member II

No. I went back to Activiti 6 now.