How to design a parallel group review workflow using Alfresco Activiti KickStart Designer App?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paiyyavj13
Established Member II

How to design a parallel group review workflow using Alfresco Activiti KickStart Designer App?

Jump to solution

I have created processes earlier on Alfresco Activiti which had single group or single user reviewer assignment. I am facing difficulty in assigning a parallel task to multiple users, using the form based BPMN designer. Has any one done this before? any pointers please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gdharley
Intermediate

Re: How to design a parallel group review workflow using Alfresco Activiti KickStart Designer App?

Jump to solution

To use the collection feature, create a list of user id's and save them in a process variable.

e.g.

List<User> users = userService.getAllUsers(0,999,tenantId);
for (User u : users) {
idList.add(u.getId());
}

execution.setVariable('assigneeList', idList);

Now, set the collection property to the name of this variable.

e.g.

Just a note, this is using the BPMN editor, I am not familiar enough with the Kickstart editor to know if it can handle this sort of thing.

Greg

View solution in original post

8 Replies
cjose
Senior Member II

Re: How to design a parallel group review workflow using Alfresco Activiti KickStart Designer App?

Jump to solution

You can achieve this in two ways:

1) Use of "parallel gateway"

2) Using the multi-instance property available on UserTask

paiyyavj13
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Ciju,

Thanks for your response.... I did try this but I ave few queries...

I am using Alfresco Activiti application.

1. On the submit form, I can add Group or Users... How can I add multiple Groups in the Form pallette?
  2. How to I store the group names in a variable? so that I can mention the variable name in Collection(Multi-Instance)
  3. under Assignment, what should I choose (I want multiple groups for parallel review, ideally a variable having all the groups)

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

gdharley
Intermediate

Jump to solution

To use the collection feature, create a list of user id's and save them in a process variable.

e.g.

List<User> users = userService.getAllUsers(0,999,tenantId);
for (User u : users) {
idList.add(u.getId());
}

execution.setVariable('assigneeList', idList);

Now, set the collection property to the name of this variable.

e.g.

Just a note, this is using the BPMN editor, I am not familiar enough with the Kickstart editor to know if it can handle this sort of thing.

Greg

paiyyavj13
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Greg,

Thank you for the response... the screenshots really helped... and yes I am using the same BPMN editor.

The problem with me is that I need to get multiple users from a custom Submit form, the Submit form does not have or maybe I cannot figure out a way to get multiple users in that form. pls check the screenshot below:

Submit Form with Add Reviewers buttonAppreciate your help!!!

Regards.

gdharley
Intermediate

Jump to solution

Ahh yes, you would need to create a custom Ui widget to select multiple people.

Creating custom form widgets is relatively straight forward, but requires a reasonable understanding of AngularJS.

Regards,

Greg

paiyyavj13
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you Greg.... let me look that up...

rachana
Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Paiyyavj13,

Have you find any solution. I have same requirement.How to select multiple users in form?

paiyyavj13
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Rachana _

I created a custom Stencil on Alfresco Process Services which I used for the field- allowing Multiple Users to be selected.

Check about the Custom Stencils to find out more...

Regards.