How to ensure multiple tasks are completed by the same user?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brendenr

How to ensure multiple tasks are completed by the same user?

I have a process where I want multiple tasks to be completed before moving on the next stage; as in there is a parallel gateway with tasks A, B, and C and I want those tasks completed by the same user before moving that user on to the next task D. I don't want one user to complete task A, and other users to complete B and C and for the process to continue. I want the process to be unique to each user so that each user has to complete all 3 before that user can get to D. Do you need each user to have a separate process execution/instance? Or maybe you can dynamically create process executions based on any given user completing one of the first 3 tasks?

3 Replies
aextractor

Re: How to ensure multiple tasks are completed by the same user?

Hello Brenden R,

Did you tried a Multi-instance type Parallel, it could be used for each single task as well as the whole process...

Cheers,

Ahmed

brendenr

I'm familiar with multi-instance types but I don't think that quite solves my problem. I want for a single user to be able to complete the process by completing the first 3 tasks and then moving on the 4th. The problem is if user Bob finishes tasks A and B and user Tom finishes task C then the process is going to continue. I don't know how to isolate the process on a user basis. 

aextractor

HI,

I suggest to put your process in a Call activity set as multi-instance (parallel), then set your users' ID in a variable called group as exp, then put "group" in the Collection field of the Call activity also do not forget the Element variable (exp: named "single_user"). After just copy this ${single_ident} and paste it in the Assignee field as Fixed values. In this way your process will be unique for every single user and the task completion issue will be solved.