How to find the ACS site folderPath of the document which is part of an APS process linked to ACS(not copied over to APS act_data)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paiyyavj13
Established Member II

How to find the ACS site folderPath of the document which is part of an APS process linked to ACS(not copied over to APS act_data)?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using APS 1.6.4 and ACS 5.2.0,

I have an APS process which takes in an ACS linked document, this document is approved within the process.

Once Approved I am supposed to move the document from the existing site to another site with the same exact folder structure as present with the exisitng site for e.g. existingSite\documentLibrary\{path} to newSite\documentLibrary\{path} where value of path remains same.

I am aware of the Publish to ACS task, but could I get some pointers on how to use ACS apis from APS to achieve the use-case.

Any help would be appreciated... Thank you...

Regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mkappel
Active Member II

Re: How to find the ACS site folderPath of the document which is part of an APS process linked to ACS(not copied over to APS act_data)?

Jump to solution

Hi Paiyyavj13,

It seems you're using Alfresco Enterprise products, so please be aware that you may also use the official Alfresco Support at http://support.alfresco.com.

Anyway, one way to address your matter might be a folder rule on ACS side, which moves the entire folder to another location. A little script might be required for this, but nothing complicated. Straight out of my head...

1. First, update via APS a custom property of the stored document in ACS.
  2. Second, define a rule on the root folder where all the "to-move" structures are in. Condition is "Items are updated" and do not forget "applies to subfolders", as the document might be in deeper folders. In Perform Action you select Execute Script.

Within the script, you need to grab the root folder and move them to the other location.

Does this make sense to you?

Alternatively you can also make use the REST Call task within the workflow and make use of the ACS REST API Explorer.

Hope this helps a bit.

Martin

View solution in original post

2 Replies
mkappel
Active Member II

Re: How to find the ACS site folderPath of the document which is part of an APS process linked to ACS(not copied over to APS act_data)?

Jump to solution

Hi Paiyyavj13,

It seems you're using Alfresco Enterprise products, so please be aware that you may also use the official Alfresco Support at http://support.alfresco.com.

Anyway, one way to address your matter might be a folder rule on ACS side, which moves the entire folder to another location. A little script might be required for this, but nothing complicated. Straight out of my head...

1. First, update via APS a custom property of the stored document in ACS.
  2. Second, define a rule on the root folder where all the "to-move" structures are in. Condition is "Items are updated" and do not forget "applies to subfolders", as the document might be in deeper folders. In Perform Action you select Execute Script.

Within the script, you need to grab the root folder and move them to the other location.

Does this make sense to you?

Alternatively you can also make use the REST Call task within the workflow and make use of the ACS REST API Explorer.

Hope this helps a bit.

Martin

paiyyavj13
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Martin,

This makes perfect sense- I think I will go the script way... Thank you!

Good day...

Regards.