cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sravand
Member II

how to get Custom Form Stencil in APS Workspace

Hi, 

I am working on creating a form stencil. When I create one in APS, I am able to see the rendered form correctly in APS UI but when I navigate to localhost:8080/activiti-app/workspace, I see a message as Unknown type:my-stencil-identifier-name. 
My goal is to develop a custom stencil which I can share with others.  
I am able to develop an ADF application and when I run it, I see my custom form. But I would like to see it through workspace app which comes out of the box. Now since it only works through ADF(localhost:4200/apps) my stencil is not as useful as I want it to be.
OR 
Is there any other way I can create a form stencil which can be rendered using ADF that I can share ? 
Here you can see my  sample stencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Form runtime template
<textarea id="name_of_user" name="username"  placeHolder="Please enter your name here..."   (change)="storeUserName()"></textarea>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
function storeUserName()
{
//url using post method to store the name in the DB'
}
------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I follow the below link 
Iam not able to hit the URL from ADF app
Thank you 
Sravan 
3 Replies
mauriziovitale
Alfresco Employee

Re: how to get Custom Form Stencil in APS Workspace

Hi Sravan Kumar‌, right now APW doesn't provide a way out of the box to render a custom stencil. 
If you have access to the APW code you can follow the same approach used with ADF. 
Add your custom code
Build in production mode
Deploy the new dist folder.

Just to let you know, we are currently working on the extensions and with the next ADF release, you should be able to use the new project to archive that out of the box.

mdtabrezmca
Established Member II

I didnt get you Maurizio Vitale‌. Please correct me if i am not wrong about the next ADF version.

1. It will have the Stencil designer.

2. It will have a process designer also included in the ADF.

As the developments are pretty fast in activiti 7 so i am expecting the above but let me know if my understaning is wrong.

mauriziovitale
Alfresco Employee

Point 1 I don't think we will be able to release a Stencil designer in the first release but a way to include your stencil with a plugin 
Point 2 correct