How to implement real time applications?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vamsinipun
Established Member

How to implement real time applications?

Hi,

I am new to activiti framework and checked the Activiti Explorer, used some functionalities in it. it is useful for draw the process, deploy and executes it. I would like to implement real time application like Leave Management. I know the requirements for it.

Is Activiti Explorer sufficient to design the application? or any other tool available to implement like these applications?

Thanks

4 Replies
cjose
Senior Member II

Re: How to implement real time applications?

Hi,

Activiti Explorer is the old default UI and is no longer being maintained. Also, it is not meant for production use. There is a new Angular JS based version available in Activiti 6 which is the current stable version of Activiti. Have you checked that?

A few other options for you are:

1. Use Activiti for your process execution and build your own UI using the APIs and your choice of UI framework
  2. Leverage Alfresco Process Services (enterprise/paid version) which included production grade form builder & runtime components. You can also use the Application Development Framework  for building really cool production grade UI solutions if you use the enterprise version
  3. If you can wait, a new version of Activiti (Activiti 7) is being worked upon and I have seen discussions on the Activiti/Activiti7 - Gitter channel around extending the above mentioned Application Development Framework in the new version of community software as well. However this could be a few months away. If you are interested in this contribution or have any questions specific to Activiti 7, you can ask this channel Activiti/Activiti7 - Gitter or check the roadmap at Activiti 7 Roadmap · Activiti/Activiti Wiki · GitHub  

Cheers,

Ciju

vamsinipun
Established Member

Thank you for your reply. Please guide me. I was integrated activiti plugin in my eclipse and define a process and execute it. Here we have an option "form key". If we define a form in activiti UI then How can i display it in runtime of java framework?

cjose
Senior Member II

Can you not do the development in Web Modeler? If you want to develop process in eclipse and form in UI, you can do that linking using form-key. However you somehow must get the forms deployed to the forms runtime tables in Activiti database.

vamsinipun
Established Member

What is Web Modeler? I designed a form in Activiti UI. It is displayed in Activiti web browser. but it is not displayed in my spring application.