cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yvnkat3
Member II

How to override activiti database?

Hello everyone,

I would like to override activiti database and when run my processinstance i don't want to create activiti tables..

Means i don't want to use any of the activiti tables like ACT_GE_BYTEARRAY,ACT_GE_PROPERTY,ACT_RU_EXECUTION etc.

Instead i would like to use my own database tables.

How can i do configurations for this?

Regards

Venkat.

2 Replies
bassam_al-saror
Alfresco Employee

Re: How to override activiti database?

In Activiti 6, you can use your own persistence layer if you want. Basically you will need to configure Activiti to use some custom DataManager implementations that you provide. Check out this blog post Pluggable persistence in Activiti 6 | Small steps with big feet and prototype GitHub - Activiti/activiti-in-mem-prototype  

yvnkat3
Member II

Re: How to override activiti database?

Hi Bassam,

I went through the prototype code. I just download the project and tried to run the application.But i am facing few issue.Not able to find the Entity class from package org.activiti.engine.impl.db.Entity. And import org.activiti.engine.impl.persistence.entity.Entity class.

Where is the database configuration available in prototype project?. Once i run below error message it is giving

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.activiti.engine.impl.persistence.entity.AbstractEntityManager.findById(AbstractEntityManager.java:39)
at org.activiti.engine.impl.cmd.ValidateExecutionRelatedEntityCountCfgCmd.execute(ValidateExecutionRelatedEntityCountCfgCmd.java:54)
at org.activiti.engine.impl.cmd.ValidateExecutionRelatedEntityCountCfgCmd.execute(ValidateExecutionRelatedEntityCountCfgCmd.java:25)
at org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandInvoker$1.run(CommandInvoker.java:37)
at org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandInvoker.executeOperation(CommandInvoker.java:78)
at org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandInvoker.executeOperations(CommandInvoker.java:57)
at org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandInvoker.execute(CommandInvoker.java:42)
at org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.TransactionContextInterceptor.execute(TransactionContextInterceptor.java:48)
at org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandContextInterceptor.execute(CommandContextInterceptor.java:63)
at org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.LogInterceptor.execute(LogInterceptor.java:29)
at org.activiti.engine.impl.cfg.CommandExecutorImpl.execute(CommandExecutorImpl.java:44)
at org.activiti.engine.impl.cfg.CommandExecutorImpl.execute(CommandExecutorImpl.java:39)
at org.activiti.engine.impl.cfg.ProcessEngineConfigurationImpl.postProcessEngineInitialisation(ProcessEngineConfigurationImpl.java:2054)
at org.activiti.engine.impl.cfg.ProcessEngineConfigurationImpl.buildProcessEngine(ProcessEngineConfigurationImpl.java:673)
at org.activiti.Main.main(Main.java:18)

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate your help.