cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarveshmvm
Active Member II

How to pause and resume process

Hello all,

I'm totally new to BPM. Trying to find an effective solution for the below question.Sorry if this is a repeated one.

Question : what is the best way to pause the process bad then call them from another Rest service to resume based on a input ( order , payment , delivery model for instance )

I thought of using signals but I'm not sure how feasible is this. All my requests call should be asynchronous.

Any help will be appreciated .

5 Replies
amar123

Re: How to pause and resume process

You can use Recieve Task in process where ever you want to pause the process. Process state will persist and then you can resume the process from that point.

sarveshmvm
Active Member II

Hi Amar,

Thanks for the response. So if I have a process with 15 service task, do I need to add a wait state for each and every step. My concern is if any one of the step is failed,i should stop the process and should not allow to proceed further. It can happen due to many reason namely, server crash , server maintenance. 

I tried stopping the process explicitly using runtimeservice.supsend , but still no luck. 

amar123

1. So if you have 15 Service Tasks and after each task you need some human interaction so you required to put Wait Task after each task.

2. If you need to handle error in the process then you shoud use Error Throw Events in you process and design the happy flow when some error occured then you can either terminate the process or direct to some other flow.

sarveshmvm
Active Member II

Hi Amar,

Thanks for the prompt response. I will use error throw events as you suggested. Will that persist the process till then ? Each of my task is a rest service call and based on the response I should continue the workflow.if there is any error I should stop the process right there and notify the user .how this can be achieved ? once the user fix it and I can use Rest Api to restart from the desired flow.

Sorry for keep asking the same.I am just trying to design in an effective way .

amar123

Yes you can design the process in that way attach user task to the error event and loop back to the previous task where error occured. Send desired variables through user task variables.