How to prevent a Task from completion while its subtasks(Check List tasks) are not yet completed?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paiyyavj13
Established Member II

How to prevent a Task from completion while its subtasks(Check List tasks) are not yet completed?

Jump to solution

HI,

I am enhancing my solution, and need information for below:

In my process, when a task is claimed a create a pre-defined set of subtasks. I want to prevent this task to be completed unless these set of subtasks are completed.

Is this possible with Alfresco Process Services?

Any pointers would help... Thank you...

Regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cjose
Senior Member II

Re: How to prevent a Task from completion while its subtasks(Check List tasks) are not yet completed?

Jump to solution

Plugging in a task listener on task complete can solve this issue. In the task listener logic, you can check for any open sub tasks and throw an error if there are open tasks.

Quickly built an example - activiti-examples/CheckOpenSubtasksTaskListener.java at master · cijujoseph/activiti-examples · GitH... 

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
cjose
Senior Member II

Re: How to prevent a Task from completion while its subtasks(Check List tasks) are not yet completed?

Jump to solution

Plugging in a task listener on task complete can solve this issue. In the task listener logic, you can check for any open sub tasks and throw an error if there are open tasks.

Quickly built an example - activiti-examples/CheckOpenSubtasksTaskListener.java at master · cijujoseph/activiti-examples · GitH... 

Hope this helps.

paiyyavj13
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you Ciju...