How to retrieve the final process instance variables when running without history?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodolfop
Member II

How to retrieve the final process instance variables when running without history?

I recently changed my activiti context file to not use any history (by setting history to none); but soon realized that I wasn't able to retrieve my process variables anymore when the process instance is complete.

Is there a way to retrieve the final process variables of a process instance when the history is turned off?

I am mostly using the REST API in activiti 6.

1 Reply
pault
Active Member II

Re: How to retrieve the final process instance variables when running without history?

From my work with v5 I'd say it was unlikely you could get them. The database tables that persist runtime information, including process variables, have the entries for a process instance deleted when it is completed. So can't see where you'd be able to get them from.

You could get the variables at the point the process completes via an execution or event listener. If you need to get subsequent access to the values you'd of course need to then store the values yourself.