How to run activiti v5 explorer/v6 kickstart app in spring

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brendenr

How to run activiti v5 explorer/v6 kickstart app in spring

Jump to solution

I'm interested in running either the explorer from activiti 5 or the kickstart app from activiti 6 within my spring project, so that I can utilize the BPMN editing UI to modify/create processes that the activiti engine will leverage in my application. I'm confused as to how to do this. I've only be successful in running the kickstart app by running the activiti-app.war file with tomcat. Problem is I have CORS errors if I try to interact with that app's REST endpoints from my main application because it is running on spring rather than tomcat. I assume there is an easy way to run the app in spring. Anyone have any insight?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Re: How to run activiti v5 explorer/v6 kickstart app in spring

Jump to solution

It sounds to me like what you hope to do is either take the kickstart source code (Activiti/modules/activiti-ui at 6.0-release · Activiti/Activiti · GitHub ) and put it inside your application and remove anything you don't want or the other way around. If your goal is to have a single app running on a single port then that would seem to be what you need to do (and you'd have to be aiming for that if you want to avoid CORS). Alternatively you could configure both apps to manage CORS.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Re: How to run activiti v5 explorer/v6 kickstart app in spring

Jump to solution

It sounds to me like what you hope to do is either take the kickstart source code (Activiti/modules/activiti-ui at 6.0-release · Activiti/Activiti · GitHub ) and put it inside your application and remove anything you don't want or the other way around. If your goal is to have a single app running on a single port then that would seem to be what you need to do (and you'd have to be aiming for that if you want to avoid CORS). Alternatively you could configure both apps to manage CORS.