How to set up Alfresco Activiti Enterprise to run as a service in Linux Operating System?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paiyyavj13
Established Member II

How to set up Alfresco Activiti Enterprise to run as a service in Linux Operating System?

Hi,

I have installed Alfresco Activiti Enterprise on Linux based SUSE SP2 operating system. I start the application as per the start instructions given in the Activiti user guide: <home folder>./start-activiti.sh

This starts Tomcat application server and the H2 database and the application works properly.

I am interested in setting the application up as a service so that the application services can run in the back ground. Any pointers??? Thank you...

2 Replies
gdharley
Intermediate

Re: How to set up Alfresco Activiti Enterprise to run as a service in Linux Operating System?

Perhaps I am confused as to your question.

You do not install Activiti Enterprise as a service, rather you install Tomcat as a service and add the activiti-app and activiti-admin web applications (war) to the tomcat instance.

Depending on the favour of linux you are using, the procedure to add tomcat as a service is as follows:

Install Tomcat 7 on CentOS, RHEL, or Fedora : David Ghedini 

Tomcat HOWTO - openSUSE 

Regards,

Greg

paiyyavj13
Established Member II

Re: How to set up Alfresco Activiti Enterprise to run as a service in Linux Operating System?

Thank you Greg... !!!  I will check the links shared by you...