How to trigger a Sub flow using "Signal Event" which is getting generated in Parent Flow ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdharley
Intermediate

Re: How to trigger a Sub flow using "Signal Event" which is getting generated in Parent Flow ?

Jump to solution

Sushant, I spoke too soon.

The solution is actually very simple and is because it appears you are using Enterprise Edition rather than community edition.

You cannot call runtimeService.signalEventReceived() to trigger a signal start even in Enterprise edition UNLESS the process was deployed without a tenant id. By default, all deployments will include a tenant ID and the signalEventReceived includes the tenant ID in the query to locate subscriptions.

SO, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS CHANGE YOUR RUNTIMESERVICE() CALL TO :

runtimeService.signalEventReceivedWithTenantId("EMAIL_SUPPORT_SIGNAL", "tenant_1");

Obviously if you are part of a different tenant, you would include that id.

I tested this and it worked immediately.

Greg

bp3‌

sushant
Member II

Re: How to trigger a Sub flow using "Signal Event" which is getting generated in Parent Flow ?

Jump to solution

Thanks Greg, I got it working. Much Appreciated.

Destryon
Member II

Re: How to trigger a Sub flow using "Signal Event" which is getting generated in Parent Fl

Jump to solution

Hi Thuynh,

I was trying to create a trigger in my main flow that will be triggering sub flows. Now i am confused whether we can use timer event or sub process to achieve it?