I created a Process in Alfresco Activiti Enterprise, how do I save this process model in my Project SubVersion structure?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paiyyavj13
Established Member II

I created a Process in Alfresco Activiti Enterprise, how do I save this process model in my Project SubVersion structure?

Hi,

I have created a process using the Alfresco Activiti Enterprise BPMN editor and run it within my application.

I have created a custom Maven project for building and deploying any java based extensions.

I am trying to set up a SubVersion for my project and I am clear about how I would go about for my Maven project but I have doubts about how to go about saving my Process designed and deployed in Alfresco Activiti.

1. Should I export the Process and save it into one of my folders in the Maven Project?
  2. Does this include the custom forms designed for corresponding tasks in my process? If not should I download them too?
  3. Would I be better off downloading the App(used to deploy and Publish my Process in Activiti)?
  4. What is the recommended standard?

Appreciate your inputs...

Regards.

1 Reply
jearles
Established Member II

Re: I created a Process in Alfresco Activiti Enterprise, how do I save this process model in my Project SubVersion structure?

Hello,

1. So you're process will be stored as a JSON object inside of the Activiti database, so long as you have configured a database that isn't the in-memory H2 database. For more information on setuping on a database check here, and here in the User Guide.

2. It will include a reference to the ID of the forms, within the tasks corresponding to your Process Model. What this means is that as long as you're using the same database, and the user importing the Process has access to the existing forms - everything should work.

3. Honestly that's sort of a moot point. An Application export contains the process model, in XML form, along with associated images, and the stencil that was used to create the process model. So if you would like to maintain those also - then download that as well.
Note: All of these things will be stored in the database.

4. I don't have a specific answer for this? Since a lot of the work I do is alterations and tweaks, I generally just keep a database full of different scenarios that don't particularly have a need to ever be exported. Most of the time I think maintaining the database is enough. I personally wouldn't recommend or think that there is a need to export all of your Process Models and Apps in order to store them in a version control system like SVN or GIT. Activiti has built in version control that handles exactly that.

Hope this helps get you started on the right path,
-JEarles