I have an issue to find out the response of a process in rest api via the rest client, which is present in Activiti-explorer of the same tomcat serve

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Re: Hi,

Those are in-memory h2 databases. The databases they create are available only to the java process using that h2. Those configurations might be the same but the databases won't be shared across java applications. In-memory h2 is normally only used for test purposes. You need to switch to a standalone database if you want it to be shared. You could configure a standalone h2 or use another database like mysql. 

anindita_user
Member II

Re: Hi,

Hi,

How to configure a standalone h2 or use another database like mysql?

Please assist me.

ryandawson
Alfresco Employee
anindita_user
Member II

Re: I have an issue to find out the response of a process in rest api via the rest client, which is present in Activiti-explorer of the same tomcat serve

The above url How to configure Activiti Explorer and REST to use the same database redirects to the page like this -

I have already tried to connect the database by using the above properties like :

But, it is not working. I cannot find the process deployed by me in the activiti rest.

Please let me know the exact place where to write the other properties of the database as described in the page redirected from URL.

ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Re: I have an issue to find out the response of a process in rest api via the rest client, which is present in Activiti-explorer of the same tomcat serve

That is an in-memory database though - the "h2:mem" tells you it's in-memory. I am not sure what you mean about that page redirecting. There are several links above and some of them refer to mysql, which is a standalone database. Perhaps a clearer guide for this purpose is http://alfrescoblog.com/2014/06/08/how-to-install-activiti-with-mysql/ 

anindita_user
Member II

Hi,

I have done the following according to the instructions provided above:

- I have downloaded the mysql connector

- put the mysql connector jars from there to libs folder of activiti activiti-5.22.0:

in the path : activiti-5.22.0\activiti-5.22.0\libs

as depicted below -

- changed the DB configuration as mentioned in the page[redirected from the URL http://alfrescoblog.com/2014/06/08/how-to-install-activiti-with-mysql/ ] as :

db=activitiblog
      jdbc.driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
      jdbc.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/activitiblog?characterEncoding=UTF-8
      jdbc.username=activiti
      jdbc.password=activitiPass

But after doing all these, I cannot find anything in the tomcat activiti explorer window like:

And if I do not change anything in the db.properties file and keep it as it was :

db=h2
jdbc.driver=org.h2.Driver
jdbc.url=jdbc:h2:mem:activiti;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=-1
jdbc.username=sa
jdbc.password=

The same problem persisits, i.e., I cannot find my process running in the rest api although it has been deployed and run through activiti-exploer.

Please let me know what should be the remedy for this case.