cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paiyyavj13
Established Member II

I have trouble editing a word document in Activiti application

Jump to solution

I am opening a Microsoft word document which is part of a simple Review and Approve workflow, using the Open in Microsoft Button and the configurations are in place.

The document opens in MS Word, I am able to edit it.... but I am unable to save it back to Activiti. The error message I get is that the node exists and is in only read only mode. The save as option shows the location as the: \\activiti-1.5.3\act_data\data\

Is it possible to edit an Office document in-line while it is in a review task and save it, so that the changes in the document is visible to the users involved in the process?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cjose
Senior Member II

Re: I have trouble editing a word document in Activiti application

Jump to solution

Do you have "Allow editing documents in Office" checkbox ticked on the form field configuration of Review Form?

Also, check if you have correct permissions on the folder that you configured in activiti-app.properties for the property "contentstorage.fs.rootFolder"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
cjose
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

Do you have "Allow editing documents in Office" checkbox ticked on the form field configuration of Review Form?

Also, check if you have correct permissions on the folder that you configured in activiti-app.properties for the property "contentstorage.fs.rootFolder"

paiyyavj13
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Ciju,

Thank you for your response, permissions was the issue.

I was logged in as an user with admin privileges locally on my laptop so I assumed I had permissions for the data folder, but I had to explicitly give permissions for my user on the folder(in Windows) to get this thing working...

Regards.

gets_sanket_pat
Active Member II

Jump to solution

I tried giving the permission but still not able to edit.

cjose
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

Could you please confirm the version you are using?

gets_sanket_pat
Active Member II

Jump to solution

I am using Alfresco activiti 1.6.0. 

I also have created the new thread. It has more information. 

Thanks