In a BPMN process flow, how to make the flow to link to the subprocess in an other BPMN process model.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rehita
Member II

In a BPMN process flow, how to make the flow to link to the subprocess in an other BPMN process model.

Hi,

Is it implemented using an intermediate throw and catch event.When adding an intermediate signal throw and catch event,what are all the values I need to set to make it properly functional.In the signal reference field ,drop down list seems to be empty to choose the value.

Please guide me with the detailed steps to follow to implement it in creating BPMN process model visually.

1 Reply
gdharley
Intermediate

Re: In a BPMN process flow, how to make the flow to link to the subprocess in an other BPMN process model.

You cannot directly link to a sub process defined in another process model, however, you can do it indirectly by using signal and/or message start events.

The intention of a Called Activity is to encapsulate code that may be reused by multiple process definitions, I would consider re-modeling your process to make use of called activities if the signal/message  approach won't work for you.

Greg