in how many ways can we create task in alfresco activiti enterprise edition except manual way

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sachngpta1
Member II

in how many ways can we create task in alfresco activiti enterprise edition except manual way

Jump to solution

I am able to create task manually and by running the process only. Is there any other ways (by sending email ,scanning Documents and fax  ) to create task in alfresco activiti enterprise edition?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gdharley
Intermediate

Re: in how many ways can we create task in alfresco activiti enterprise edition except manual way

Jump to solution

<snip>
Also what are the other means of introduction of the cases/tasks in the process created in activiti like scanning, sharepoint, Fax, JMS, Java apis etc?

</snip>

This is the purpose of message start events where integrations may initiate a process instance. However, it is also possible using intermediate message catch events for external systems to participate in a process that may already be running.

One of my favorite tools for integrating external systems (such as email) is the Camel integration framework.
Camel has a large number of endpoints that talk to different devices filesystems, databases and repositories that can trigger a process or interact with an existing process. The following Developer series blog post describes how to setup Camel in Activiti Enterprise (the approach is a little easier in Community Edition).

https://community.alfresco.com/community/bpm/blog/2016/10/31/using-a-camel-task-in-alfresco-activiti... 

Cheers,

Greg

View solution in original post

4 Replies
gdharley
Intermediate

Re: in how many ways can we create task in alfresco activiti enterprise edition except manual way

Jump to solution

Probably need more detail, tasks are tied to a process definition but can also be created "ad hoc" as sub tasks.

There are many ways a process may route to a task including email receipt, document scan, data enrichment, message receipt and data CRUD.

Do you have a specific scenario you are interested in?

Thanks,
Greg

sachngpta1
Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response.

To add my question, I know that to create one new task/case I can start the process and one new process instance id will be created to the new task/case.I need to know that what are the other "mode of introductions" to introduce the cases in activiti. 

For eg:-I send the mail(outlook mail) to one mail id which should be configured and mapped to one process in activiti. When i send the mail(including mail body) to the mail id, one new task/case initiate and some of the fields auto-populate in the form attached to the process(start activity). How can I achieve this ?.

Also what are the other means of introduction of the cases/tasks in the process created in activiti like scanning, sharepoint, Fax, JMS, Java apis etc?

Thanks in advance. Waiting for your reply..

gdharley
Intermediate

Jump to solution

<snip>

</snip>

This is the purpose of message start events where integrations may initiate a process instance. However, it is also possible using intermediate message catch events for external systems to participate in a process that may already be running.

One of my favorite tools for integrating external systems (such as email) is the Camel integration framework.
Camel has a large number of endpoints that talk to different devices filesystems, databases and repositories that can trigger a process or interact with an existing process. The following Developer series blog post describes how to setup Camel in Activiti Enterprise (the approach is a little easier in Community Edition).

https://community.alfresco.com/community/bpm/blog/2016/10/31/using-a-camel-task-in-alfresco-activiti... 

Cheers,

Greg

sachngpta1
Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks 

for your valuable response.