Inclusive gateway after boundary event breaks process

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhanrahan
Active Member II

Inclusive gateway after boundary event breaks process

I am running Activiti 5.21 in my environment, and I've come across a situation where I have a non-interrupting timer event on a User Task, which then goes to an inclusive join (which is part of a loop).

When my process enters the loop through the user task, the inclusive join works fine and the loop begins, however, when the loop is entered from the boundary event, the process ceases to continue from the first inclusive gateway.  There is no job to retry, and no exceptions in the logs.

I have attached a simplified version of the construct.  The process gets stuck on the left inclusive gateway only when the timer event fires.

2 Replies
jearles
Established Member II

Re: Inclusive gateway after boundary event breaks process

Hello,

I've recreated your process model in Activiti for testing, and 

I see no difference between the User Task executing and the timer event triggering the process to move forward. Are you perhaps setting some value upon the completion of the UserTask that is not present for a conditional statement used in the loop?

What is the status of the process after this? Does it simply hang?

-JEarles

mhanrahan
Active Member II

Re: Inclusive gateway after boundary event breaks process

The process hangs.  I don't see any activity in the ACT_RU_JOB table, and if I look at the ACT_HI_ACTINST table, I see the inclusive gateway has an entry, but it only has a start time, the complete time is null.

When the timer event is set to interrupting (ie. it cancels the user task it is attached to), the process works correctly.