Integrate alfresco server in my Activiti app. Create a process through which I can see the files and folders of Alfresco server in activiti app.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gets_sanket_pat
Active Member II

Integrate alfresco server in my Activiti app. Create a process through which I can see the files and folders of Alfresco server in activiti app.

Jump to solution

I am creating my first app in activiti. I want to integrate the alfresco server inside my activiti app so that users can see the files and folders in some kind of forms (upload and modify the files). Does alfresco provides the file browser widget? so that it shows the files those are present in alfresco server.

Please provide details. I have just started working on Alfresco BPM.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gets_sanket_pat
Active Member II

Re: Integrate alfresco server in my Activiti app. Create a process through which I can see the files and folders of Alfresco server in activiti app.

Jump to solution

I am able to do it now. I had to change some configurations in activiti-app.properties file. Now I got it working.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Re: Integrate alfresco server in my Activiti app. Create a process through which I can see the files and folders of Alfresco server in activiti app.

Jump to solution

It sounds like you might be looking for something like the share connector, documented here:

Using the Share Connector | Alfresco Documentation 

That effectively embeds Alfresco Process Services inside Alfresco Content Services. Or maybe alfresco publish tasks from within Alfresco Process Services would be more appropriate for you:

Publish to Alfresco Tasks | Alfresco Documentation 

The file upload widget in APS allows users to choose files from multiple sources including an ACS repository. There is an online trial of APS available if you've not looked at it (APS Online Trial).

gets_sanket_pat
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the reply. i tried using Publish to Alfresco task but some how the process is not able to complete. It got stuck in the "Publish to alfresco" task. And I am also not receiving any error. I do not know how to solve this.

I have successfully connected the alfresco one repository with the activiti and created the process which ask the user to fill a form and choose the file. The next step will publish that file to one of the chosen "site" and directory in the alfresco repository. 

I am working in the production and we are not using "Share connector" for some reasons. So, We need to use only the publish to alfresco task.

I am using Alfresco one 5.0.2 and Alfresco Process Services (Activiti)1.6.

Thanks in advance.

ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

In terms of configuration what you will need is to associate a form to your publish to alfresco task (you need to have attach file and attach folder controls in a referenced form) and set the task to publish the selected content (see the top drop-down option under Alfresco Content in the publish task). Perhaps you want a user task first to select the content and then a publish task. There's repository config as well but it sounds like you already have that.

Do you mean that the browser is stuck when you're attempting to action the task? If so what do you seen on the screen when the process is stuck and is there anything in the browser console? Or do you mean that you have a setup like described and you can complete the task but it doesn't publish or the task never completes? Are you using the workflow app to complete the task?

gets_sanket_pat
Active Member II

Jump to solution

I am able to do it now. I had to change some configurations in activiti-app.properties file. Now I got it working.

ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Great, glad you got it working. If you state what it was that you had to set in activiti-app.properties that might help anyone in the future hitting the same roadblock.

gets_sanket_pat
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Change this in activiti-app.properties

# Beans whitelisting
beans.whitelisting.enabled=false

# EL whitelisting
el.whitelisting.enabled=false

ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Ah, as of Alfresco Process Services v1.6.3 you should be able to use publish tasks without having to change the whitelisting configuration but that version hasn't been released yet. In the meantime some whitelisting configuration does need to be performed - either as per Spring Beans | Alfresco Documentation or by disabling whitelisting as you've done.