Integrate LDAP with Activiti Explorer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wassim404
Member II

Integrate LDAP with Activiti Explorer

I want to configure my LDAP with activiti explorer so I have followed the instructions from the user guide and i created activiti-custom-context.xml file and I did what he said but it didn't work for me and give me this error

03:33:38,967 [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR org.activiti.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandContext  - Error while closing command context
org.activiti.engine.ActivitiIllegalArgumentException: This query is not supported by the LDAPGroupManager

7 Replies
jearles
Established Member II

Re: Integrate LDAP with Activiti Explorer

Wassim,

I am assuming you followed the instructions provided in this blog:
Activiti BPM Tutorial – LDAP | Thys Michels Blog  
Right?

Check the LDAP logs for your installation, in order to determine if the system is even connecting to LDAP. And then I would verify the search base and see if you can snag the user query that the system is actually making - in the same logs. Finally, take that query and attempt running it in an LDAP Browser, such as 'Apache Directory Studio' or whatever open source browser fits your fancy and try the query from there.

Most likely, there is a problem in the configuration of your LDAP settings.

-JEarles

wassim404
Member II

Jonathan,

Thx for the reply,I have checked the LDAP logs and unfortunately I did not see any sign that there was a connection between them the problem is that this configuration worked for me when i tried to connect LDAP with the spring framework and worked very well so i feel confused right now.

Another thing, I'm not sure about the place where i injected the bean because in the user guide it tells me to place it on the activiti-standalone-context.xml file which i don't have it in my activiti version .

Wassim

jearles
Established Member II

In a previous thread, one of the Activiti developers noted that the activiti-standalone-context.xml is no longer the file that should be utilized; I believe you have correct approach, using the 'activiti-custom-context.xml' file.

At a second pass of your log files, it looks as though there might be another problem - have you left the DemoDataGenerator active in your application? As the User Guide states, when attempting to integrate Activiti-Explorer with LDAP - you'll have to disable the demo data generation in order to stop the collisions that will happen.

And in your log files, I'm seeing:

at org.activiti.explorer.conf.DemoDataConfiguration.createGroup(DemoDataConfiguration.java:118)
at org.activiti.explorer.conf.DemoDataConfiguration.initDemoGroups(DemoDataConfiguration.java:108)
at org.activiti.explorer.conf.DemoDataConfiguration.init(DemoDataConfiguration.java:84)

So it looks like that is still be called somewhere in the tree, and could be the reason you're having some issues also.

Just a thought.
-JEarles

wassim404
Member II

Jonathan,

I've joined activiti-ui-context.xml the file where I should add the demoDataGenerator bean please take a look for it .

Wassim

jearles
Established Member II

Wassim,

I don't follow what you're saying - I didn't mention anything about the activiti-ui-context.xml.

I was saying that you should not have the DemoDataGeneration enabled; it should be commented out.

As stated in this thread with an almost identical situation - the DemoDataGeneration needs to be disabled.

-JEarles
bp3

wassim404
Member II

JEarles,

I have disabled the DemoDataGeneration like this thread said and now I don't have errors on my log file and activiti explorer ui works but still can't login with my LDAP users so the same problem of that thread .

Wassim

jearles
Established Member II

Wassim,

I know it seems minor, but just take a second look at your configuration - verify that the credentials are correct and the LDAP configuration is being called in code. That's generally where most problem happen with LDAP connections. I know it worked in your previous Spring build - if you're not getting any errors, but you're still not able to login, its generally configuration.

-JEarles