Is there any way to modify the theme ( look and feel ) of Activiti BPMN ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkggroup
Member II

Is there any way to modify the theme ( look and feel ) of Activiti BPMN ?

I need to modify the look and fell of Activiti Explorer. I found that UI is written by using Vaadin Framework.

It's a little bit lengthy process to modify the Logo, MenuBar, Alignment of form data etc in Activiti Explorer. 

Is there any saimple way to modify it ??

3 Replies
gdharley
Intermediate

Re: Is there any way to modify the theme ( look and feel ) of Activiti BPMN ?

The VAADIN version of Activiti Explorer is getting a little old and has been replaced by an AngularJS client in version 6 (currently in Beta).

This doesnt really answer your question, but I wanted to make sure you didnt waste a lot of time in the old app if you had any plans of upgrading in the future.

Greg

rkggroup
Member II

Thanks Greg for reply !

What would be the best way if still want to customise the theme of Activiti-explorer. 

gdharley
Intermediate

If you are just looking to modify the styles and fonts, then you can update the styles.css inside the activiti-webapp-explorer2 module.

However, because VAADIN was used and page layout was build using java rather than declarative formatting (UIBinder) there is really no easy way to modify the look and feel without touching the VAADIN java code.
I am a fan of GWT?VAADIN, but only when used with UIBinder, otherwise it is just too hard to manage layout.

Greg