Issue with multi instance parallel user task and conditional sequence flows

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roopa_thakkar

Issue with multi instance parallel user task and conditional sequence flows

For a multi instance parallel user task I have configured conditions on all outgoing sequence flows. When the task gets complete, Activiti engine is marking all its subsequent task as pending even if condition on only one flow was true.

E.g. Task A goes to task B and task C and conditions are defined on both the sequence flows. Then on completion of task A even if condition on flow going to task B was true task C also gets marked as Pending. 

This behavior is observed only when the task A is multi instance parallel task. If it is multi instance sequential task then this behavior is not observed.

Has any one faced this issue before? Is this resolved in latest Activiti version. The engine version I am using is 5.16.4.

8 Replies
cjose
Senior Member II

Re: Issue with multi instance parallel user task and conditional sequence flows

Could you please post an example bpmn file which shows your use case description? Btw, 5.16 is quite an old version, I suggest testing your process either in the latest 5.x branch (5.22.0) or 6.0.0 branch just to make sure you are not hitting a bug which may be fixed in one of the newer versions!

roopa_thakkar

Hi,

I am uploading the templates which I have used. Template "TestBpmnprocess.bpmn20.xml" is the one which has issue while template "TestBpmnprocessUpdated.bpmn20.xml" works when I change the "isSequential" flag from "multiInstanceLoopCharacteristics" node as true.

Yes, the Activiti engine I am using is not latest but could not switch to it right away as we have developed quite a bit on this version. Eventually will move to the latest version.

cjose
Senior Member II

Hi Roopa,

It's most likely a bug with the multi-instance. Do you mind creating a issue on Activiti project with a reference to this post or even making a contribution with a fix!! 

The reason why this might have gone unnoticed is that, people typically will have a gateway in such situation. For example, if you add an exclusive gateway right after Task 1 (as shown below), it works fine for parallel as well.

Hope this helps

roopa_thakkar

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am aware that if a gateway is added it works and that is the work around I have used. Yes, I will create an issue on Activiti project.

Thanks.

roopa_thakkar

Joseph do you have link to the system where I can create issue on Activiti project? If yes can you please share?

roopa_thakkar

Got it.

cjose
Senior Member II

Please create a github issue on the github project itself.

cjose
Senior Member II