Last Service Task got suspended at Parallel Gateway

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ami

Last Service Task got suspended at Parallel Gateway

Hi Geeks,

Here are the steps to follow which causes stated problem:- (Refer: SCENARIO-1-NOT WORKING.PNG)

1) After start node, we have a parallel gateway and that has been forked by three Service Tasks

2) All Service task's have separate out flows (Not connected by any Gateway)

3) The last Service task is found to be in suspended state from table ACT_RU_JOB, column and it's value: SUSPENSION_STATE_ = 1

4)And hence our process instance stays in Running phase, and doesn't get completed.

This scenario works when we add a Join (Joining the outflow of all Service Tasks using Parallel Gateway), process instance gets Completed.(Refer: SCENARIO-2-WORKS FINE.PNG)

And also works when we even join outflow of two of the Service tasks and the remaining one Service task will have separate outflow.(Refer: SCENARIO-3-WORKS FINE.PNG)

Kindly, let us know that 'In case of separate outflows of Service Tasks(SCENARIO-1), why last Service Task goes to SUSPENDED state?'

Is there any way of getting this fixed or Resuming the Suspended nodes? As I have read about Suspend/Resume functionality added in Activiti Framework version 5.11, and we are already working with version 5.15.

Refer this link: Screencast: Suspending a Process With Activiti 5.11 | Small steps with big feet  

Thanks,

Ami

3 Replies
gdharley
Intermediate

Re: Last Service Task got suspended at Parallel Gateway

The engine in Activiti version 6 is supposed to resolve this issue.

Check out the explanation here:
Activiti 6: An Evolution of the Core Engine | Small steps with big feet 

Cheers,

Greg

ami

Hi Greg,

Thanks a bunch for reply.

I have gone through the link provided by you stating the highlights of Activiti Engine Version 6, and happy to hear that Activiti is becoming better and better day by day.

But just a quick question that I couldn't find exactly my issue to be fixed in that.

As I navigated to the topic '' Example 1: ‘Tricky Inclusive Merge’ ", what I found is, parallel gateway was connected with User tasks (i.e. A,B,C), and in my case it was Service tasks that causes the issue.

It would be nice if you can guide me further whether I'm missing any points from the highlights, or else it is already there in the list of issues to be fixed by this version upgrade but just major glimpse are shown here.

It would be nice, if this also gets solved by the updated Version.

Thanks,

Ami

gdharley
Intermediate

Ami,

I believe the root cause is the same despite whether you use a user task or service task.

Greg