Multi-instance task variable use

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephenl

Multi-instance task variable use

Jump to solution

have an Activiti workflow that creates multiple (parallel) user tasks for an authorisation task (assigns each one to a group based on one element of a list).

<userTask id="authReview" name="Authorisation Review" activiti:candidateGroups="${assignee}" activiti:formKey="rowf:authReviewTask">
    <documentation>
        ${assignee} Data Access request for approval.
    </documentation>

<!-- One instance of this user task for each group that needs to authorise the request -->
    <multiInstanceLoopCharacteristics isSequential="false"
        activiti:collection="${rowf_reviewers}" activiti:elementVariable="assignee" >

</multiInstanceLoopCharacteristics>    
</userTask>

As the ${assignee} variable is used to allocate the task to the correct group (after being read from the ${rowf_reviewers} list, is there any way to use ${assignee} to add to the task description? The task description is currently set by the documentation tag which seems to work fine but nothing is read from ${assignee}. I think this may be to do with a timing issue with the population of ${assignee} as "may" be populated before the documentation gets evaluated.

Any assistance on how to get ${assignee} into the description would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gdharley
Intermediate

Re: Multi-instance task variable use

Jump to solution

This appears to be a duplicate of the following Stack Exchange question i answered earlier today:

workflow - Alfresco/Activiti multi-instance task variable use - Stack Overflow 

If this is a different question, please let us know.

Thanks,

Greg

View solution in original post

2 Replies
gdharley
Intermediate

Jump to solution

This appears to be a duplicate of the following Stack Exchange question i answered earlier today:

workflow - Alfresco/Activiti multi-instance task variable use - Stack Overflow 

If this is a different question, please let us know.

Thanks,

Greg

stephenl

Jump to solution

Yes, that's correct and thanks for the help. I have added information to the StackOverflow question regarding your suggested solution.

Thanks,

Stephen