cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khushboo_gupta
Member II

No error if none of the condition defined on sequence flow is satisfied

Jump to solution

I have a workflow where condition is defined on the sequence flows without any gateway, as shown in below diagram:

When none of the condition is satisfied, the workflow gets completed without giving any warning or error. 

I contrast to this, if such conditional flows would have given after a gateway, it give following error:

Caused by: org.activiti.engine.ActivitiException: No outgoing sequence flow of the exclusive gateway 'idGateway' could be selected for continuing the process

So there is inconsistency in the behavior. In one case it gives error, in other process just completes. 

So my question is, is this an issue or as per design? If its an issue, is this resolved in latest Activiti version. I am using 5.16.4 version of Activiti.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
khushboo_gupta
Member II

Re: No error if none of the condition defined on sequence flow is satisfied

Jump to solution

Thanks Ciju, checked in Activiti6, it gives below error: 

org.activiti.engine.ActivitiException: No outgoing sequence flow of element 'startEvent1' could be selected for continuing the process] with root cause

View solution in original post

3 Replies
cjose
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

I don't think it as per design and it could be a bug! I suggest testing this in Activiti V6 & if you still find this issue in the newer version, it will be great if you can create an issue in Activiti project and make a pull request.

Cheers,

Ciju

khushboo_gupta
Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks Ciju, checked in Activiti6, it gives below error: 

org.activiti.engine.ActivitiException: No outgoing sequence flow of element 'startEvent1' could be selected for continuing the process] with root cause

cjose
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks for testing this out and reporting back!