OAuth support for activiti-rest in Activiti 6?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_tang
Member II

OAuth support for activiti-rest in Activiti 6?

Activiti supports a rest API. From the documentation, looks like it only supports basic auth: Activiti User Guide 

I did some search on google, and found out OAuth is supported by Alfresco Business Process REST API: REST API Authorization | Alfresco Documentation .

My questions are:

1) Is the  REST API Authorization | Alfresco Documentation that supports OAuth part of the enterprise edition? Is there a open source version I can use?

2) If it is enterprise edition, I wonder if there is any way to use OAuth security with Activiti 6 REST API. I am currently prototyping based on this example: GitHub - jbarrez/spring-boot-with-activiti-example 

Any help will be appreciated!

-J

2 Replies
paul_roth
Established Member

Re: OAuth support for activiti-rest in Activiti 6?

We do provide support for OAuth2 with our Enterprise product, Alfresco Process Services (powered by Activiti). If you would like to discuss Alfresco Process Services we would be delighted to do so.

In the comminity please have a look at Activiti 7 where you will be able to protect the APIs using OAuth2. We should release Beta2 this week and move quickly to a GA release in the community in the next few weeks. 

j_tang
Member II

Re: OAuth support for activiti-rest in Activiti 6?

I looked at Activiti 7, but the last time I checked (about 2 weeks ago), there is no good documentation yet. That's why I started using Activiti 6.

When is 7 going to be released?