cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davedavedave
Partner

Parallel Multi Instance Dynamic Task Candidate Group Assignment

Jump to solution

I'm trying to make a parallel multi-instance task that is assigned to a dynamic amount of candidate groups. I have the candidate groups' apsIds in a Collection, but I want each multi-instance task assigned to only one group of the list (so each group has to finish the task once). How do I set up the assignment of the task?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abbask01

Re: Parallel Multi Instance Dynamic Task Candidate Group Assignment

Jump to solution

Hi Dave,

1. Select Multi-Instance type to Parallel.
  2. Set Collection to the name variable that holds the list of groups to be assigned.
  3. Set Element variable (e.g. group_to_be_assigned), this varible holds the current item in the list
  4. Use your Element variable in Task Assignment using el. click on task Assignment > goto fixed values > in Candidate groups > add ${group_to_be_assigned} 

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Abbas

View solution in original post

3 Replies
abbask01

Jump to solution

Hi Dave,

1. Select Multi-Instance type to Parallel.
  2. Set Collection to the name variable that holds the list of groups to be assigned.
  3. Set Element variable (e.g. group_to_be_assigned), this varible holds the current item in the list
  4. Use your Element variable in Task Assignment using el. click on task Assignment > goto fixed values > in Candidate groups > add ${group_to_be_assigned} 

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Abbas
davedavedave
Partner

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply, I worked around it with a task listener but your solution is way better and cleaner. Tested it and it works like a charm!

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @davedavedave 

Thanks for updating your post & accepting the solution provided by @abbask01 - really helpful to other users.

Cheers,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!